The Banner of Jasna Góra is a living history/educational group which portrays the Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth during the 17th Century. Nominally based at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa in Doylestown, we portray both military and civilian aspects of Polish society during that period. We are also affiliated with the Sienkiewicz Society and the Czarniecki Division.
We are available to provide living history demonstrations as well as displays and lectures on the history of the Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth for schools and cultural and civic organizations. To contact us, please contact Richard Golazeski at email@example.com or by phone (732) 249-0983.
On Saturday Sept 4, 2010 the Unit’s new banner was blessed during the Festival’s opening ceremony on the main stage.
The World War Two Polish Living History Group is dedicated to preserving the memory and deeds of Poland’s armed forces 1939 – 1945.
The WWII Polish LHG is comprised of three, separate, recreated Polish units. The 305 Polish Bomber Squadron, 10th Dragoon Regt, 2nd line squadron and 1st Polish Parachute Brigade (click highlighted links to enter) all fall under the overall umbrella organization. All members are strictly volunteers who have a passion for researching Poland’s contributions to the ultimate allied victory in 1945. By bringing the stories, uniforms and equipment out for public display, it is our hope that the general public may come to appreciate the magnitude of Poland’s role in WWII. Although our primary representation are these three units, at times our members may choose to tailor their impressions to a specific unit and time frame on a per event basis.